The test fee entitles you to one score report, for your information, plus up to four official score reports that ETS will send directly to the institutions you designate when you register. You cannot select your score recipients at the test center. For each institution that you select after the test, you will have to pay a $17 fee. ETS will send the score record to you and to your designated institutions 15 business days after you take the test.
How do I register for the test?
If a credit/debit card is available (Visa, Master Card, American Express) you can register:
Go to the section "Register for the Test" on the official website and follow these steps:
· Select a testing location <Romania>
· Internet-based test (iBT) - Register online
· NEW USER - Sign up
· Create a profile (3 steps): Contact information; Identifying information; User name and Password.
· My Home Page - My Tests - Register for a Test / Order Score Reports - Select Product Type: a) TOEFL Test = find a test center and date, schoose score recipients, processing your payment. b) TOEFL Services: Additional Score Reports and Candidate Copy Score Reports.
· In order to register for the test you need to choose a) TOEFL Test - Register for the Test
· Choose country
· Choose region / city
· Select test dates: Start test date End test date
· Select a test center: Click on a test center
· Score reporting preferences: RECOMMENDATION - choose "Web-accessed report and a copy mailed to you"
· Select score recipients
· Order summary (Cancel / Confirm)
· Select payment method.
You will get your confirmation online and/or by e-mail. Please print this confirmation letter that you will need on test day.
2. By phone: call the telephone number for the Regional Registration Center (RRC) for the country in which you plan to test (see page 17 of the registration bulletin for the phone number of RRC - Region 12 for Romania) at least seven days before the requested test date. When you call, you will be given an appointment confirmation number. Be sure to write it down. You will also get the test date, reporting time, and test center address. Look at the International Test Scheduling form (center of bulletin) for the information you will be asked for when you call.
Pay attention to registration deadlines!
· Early registration closes seven days before the test date (not including the test date).
· Late registration closes three days before test date (not including the test date).
· If you register after the early registration deadline, you will have to pay a late fee of $35.
3. If credit/debit card is not available, you can pay by bank check and you register by mail:
· In order to be issued a bank check you need to pay the fee to any bank that conducts hard-currency transactions. The beneficiary of your bank check will be ETS-TOEFL IBT, as mentioned on page 8 of the 2009-2010 TOEFL Information Bulletin.
· You fill out the TOEFL International Test Scheduling Form which is 4 pages long right in the middle of the bulletin (between pages 12-13). Be sure to complete all four pages, and staple the completed form before mailing.
· The bank check and the scheduling form must be received at the RRC at least four weeks before the first date you pick. See the first page of the Registration Form.
· Photocopy the scheduling form as well as the bank check and keep the copies for reference.
· Send your test registration by registered mail (scrisoare recomandata cu confirmare de primire).
· As a rule, you will be mailed (e-mail or regular mail) the date of the test as well as the coordinates of the testing center in your registration confirmation letter. You will be assigned a test date, time, and location based on the information you provided.
· If you don't receive the registration confirmation letter, you need to call the RRC at least three full business days before the registration deadline of the first test date you picked. See page 17 in the bulletin for contact information of RRC - Region 12 for Romania.
In case you do not show up on your assigned day and hour for taking the test, the registration fee will not be refunded.
YOU CANNOT REGISTER BY FAX OR E-MAIL!
For any problems you may experience concerning registration, receipt of the admission ticket, etc., please contact Thomson Prometric that administers the TOEFL throughout Europe. The information bulletin includes all the contact addresses and telephone numbers. The bulletin can be downloaded free of charge from the official website www.ets.org/toefl.
When do I get the official scores?
Additional information regarding TOEFL scores:
Source of the comparison chart: The Official Guide to the New TOEFL IBT, published by McGraw Hill, page 352.
How do I request additional score reports?
How long are scores valid?
To see what TOEFL prep materials – books and software - are available at our center please check the section Test preparation.